Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Im just generally stuck

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi

I know i will possibly feel really stupid when this is explained but i'm stuck.
I'm new to CI and just downloaded it, installed it on my wamp server, i have got as far as the welcome page so i think i have done the install correctly.

Now my problem:

I have no idea where to go next i was going to do the hello world tutorial but i cant work 8out where the working window is?

Possibly a silly question to someone who has used CI for a while but i'm totally lost (i'm going to blame it on my age)

Thnk you to everyone who may help and please go easy on me lol

Nook6

********** EDIT **********

Ok im getting more confused now i have just read you use your own GUI i use pspad but am wondering how this will help if you do the scripts in a different gui??

(im really confused now lol)

Nook6

********** END EDIT **********

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Read the CodeIgniter User Guide

You need a PHP Editor, this will depend on your Operating System.

InsiteFX

[eluser]umbongo[/eluser]
Codeigniter doesn't have its own GUI. The PHP files are 'plain text' so they can be edited by any text editor (like notepad). However, people normally use an IDE/php editor as these will help with managing the code (eg. they highlight and sometimes suggest required syntax). Notepad++ isn't a bad start. The files you mainly deal with are in application/controllers, application/models and application/views. Under tutorials there are a few 'starting codeigniter' videos so if you don't follow one (which, you should now) then try a different one.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB