Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What's Happening Now?

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
I'd like to give you an update on what's happening with CodeIgniter. 2.0's code has been stable and in use by ExpressionEngine and MojoMotor for many months, and the code has been publicly available <a href="http://bitbucket.org/ellislab/codeigniter">at Bitbucket</a> for awhile as well. But the official download and released version is still at 1.7.2. That will soon change, CodeIgniter 2.0 will be released, and forward development will return to regularity.

Continue reading...

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Very positive message, thumbs up!

I'm looking forward to the implementation of the last bullet on the list... :coolsmile:

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
Definitely the kind of post I have personally been waiting for to help stop the haemorrhaging of 'when is Codeigniter 2 being released' posts. You mention as long as PHP remains a dominant force in the industry - PHP has a great future ahead of it, it's lasted this long, I can't see it losing any of it's industry force.

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
[quote author="Vheissu" date="1288144511"]Definitely the kind of post I have personally been waiting for to help stop the haemorrhaging of 'when is Codeigniter 2 being released' posts. You mention as long as PHP remains a dominant force in the industry - PHP has a great future ahead of it, it's lasted this long, I can't see it losing any of it's industry force.[/quote]

Me either.

[eluser]Bas Vermeulen[/eluser]
Hooray Smile

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Thank you Derek for keeping us informed on the progress of CodeIgniter 2.0.

InsiteFX

[eluser]dallen33[/eluser]
When are you going to do something to prevent the annoying spam messages on the forums?

[eluser]iloveci[/eluser]
Great news, I've been anticipating this and already moved my in-development projects over to the 2.0 code. I can't wait to see what's next.

[eluser]Marcus Hodges[/eluser]
Thanks for the update. I was quietly frustrated that I had heard so much about EE lately but nothing about CI. I considered submitting a CI question during the EE podcast call for questions, but didn't want to take anyone off track, so I'm grateful to see you addressing it.

[eluser]NiconPhantom[/eluser]
Thak you Derek! Really positive information! But still no answer about exact release date :-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB