Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Default Installation Failed

[eluser]meridimus[/eluser]
Hey Guys,

Just installed a fresh version of CI to my new development server at work and for some reason the default page is Error 404. All I've changed is the root directory (and double checked it's correct) and the database variables. When I've installed previously it always has a welcome message, I'm not seeing this, just a 404.

The server is running IIS on Windows Server 2003 with PHP Version 5.1.6

It's just a test server since I'm the only PHP coder, I'm used to either a WAMP or linux environment so any heads up on what problems could exist under this setup would be good to know. PhpMyAdmin is running fine and I can connect to the MySQL server with CocoaMySQL from my mac.

If you need any further information let me know.

Thanks!

[eluser]ELRafael[/eluser]
if you access www.site.com/index.php works?

do you have any .htaccess in your root directory?

do you check the index.php main file?

where do you think will be the 2014 World Cup?

[eluser]meridimus[/eluser]
Ok, so I found out a bit more info:

If I go to index.php it's still a 404 page, but if I go to index.php/welcome it works.

Obviously I assumed there was something incorrect in the routing file, but there isn't. It points to the right place so for some reason it's as if the URI vars are not empty and it tries to find a page that doesn't exist by looking up false URI.

Anyway, I hope that sheds more light on my problem and if there are any work arounds. Remember, I'm using IIS.

No htaccess in my route directory. World cup will be under the sea in 2014.

[eluser]ELRafael[/eluser]
In a first moment, i don't believe that is the IIS!

try to change the uri_protocol in the config.php file. Just to check :-P

If I was you, i'll try this configuration, since you tell that in your mac works!!!

hey, 2014 will not under the sea!!! with some lucky, i can watch some games near my house :coolsmirk: And I'm not the little mermaid >Sad

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB