Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Mauth 0.9.6 - Authentication and User Managment Package (CI 2.0)

[eluser]missionsix[/eluser]
Hello,

I'm finally releasing my Auth library to the masses. I have spend the past week or so re-writing some of the code to work with Code Igniter version 2.0 and have 'packaged' my distribution for you all.

The website isn't complete but the User Guide has most of the documentation written to be able and get Mauth up and running.

http://mauth.missionsix.net/

And on bitbucket:

http://bitbucket.org/missionsix/mauth/

Mauth is right for you if you...
* want an easy registration system
* need tightly controller permissions
* want a basic web application footprint

Features:
* Installation controller for an easy installation.
* Easy user management controller - meant as a 'base' for your project
* Simple roles/permissions based web management
* PHP5/MySQL based
* Built on CI's session library
* Custom hook points / hooks library extension
* Restrict users based on Urls
* restrict using the permissions model
* Facebook integration points (needs testing/more work)

Planned:
* OAuth/OpenID integration
* A session library re-write to reduce the number of update queries called
* Expansion from MySQL to use the ORM
* Complete site documentation
* Video installation tutorial

Please provide bugs/issues on bitbucket as that will be the easiest way to track them.

Versions

Updated to work with the newest CI release.
Adds support completed permissions and roles forms.

Released version 0.9.5 on bitbucket.

To see the changes you can look through the commit logs, however here is a brief list.

* Various bug fixes
* Updated profile controller.
* Updated SQL table structures, namely profile/users table
* Added missing table entries to permissions and roles
* Template updates to make forms less 'spaghetti code' like; uses html and form helpers
* Added gravatar helper
* Updated timespan() function which displays shorter info.
* Added Mauth config item for login strikes.
* more probably

[eluser]sirwan.me[/eluser]
This looks good, there is already a good Social Networking auth library here : http://codeigniter.com/wiki/A3M_Account_...orization/ but your library seems like it will have user management and a much more friendlier interface, but A3M Auth module has OAuth, allowing you to login with GMAIL, HOTMAIL, FACEBOOK, OpenId and YAHOO...

maybe you could use some of there code, for your library.

Thanks sirwan,

I'll take a look at that library and see what I can use from it.

hey mission6, any news on the latest version of Muath.

cheers

I've been working on a site with it and have run into some bugs and enhancements I want to add to the library. Specifically there are some features in the Users controller and Profile controller which should be included asap to make life easier on everyone who uses it.

http://mauth.missionsix.net/ is using a slightly older version than what is on bitbucket, so I need to update that code to CI 2.0 & mauth 0.9.6 as well before I do any more work there and enhance the site.

The user guide has been getting some attention periodically with troubleshooting tips and such.

And finally a video screencast is planned for the version 1.0 release.

Any feedback you give either here or on bitbucket would be a great motivator.

ok, great, I can assure you this is one of the most requested auth libraries to have, even accross the whole php frameworks area (cakephp, etc) ... A3M has stalled and no one on that thread responds, but it has had alot of attention, even on my own site where i wrote tutorials on how to install it. to help give it attention. point being is that if mauth has the auth thing it would get alot of attention and motivation.

anyways,, good luck man.

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
I am waiting on this as well. I have a few projects that will benefit greatly from this. One such project needs an authentication upgrade is a horror site that currently uses freakauthlite but that is a little bloated and I did a lot of optimizations but it is still a little sluggish; multiple updates to ci-sessions even though I cut it by 50%.

It would be cool if you can instruct/guide how to migrate from freakauth to mauth.

I was actually looking to yii for upcoming projects but if you can add these features I/most will definitely stay a little longer.

UPDATE

Released version 0.9.5 on bitbucket.

To see the changes you can look through the commit logs, however here is a brief list.

* Various bug fixes
* Updated profile controller.
* Updated SQL table structures, namely profile/users table
* Added missing table entries to permissions and roles
* Template updates to make forms less ‘spaghetti code’ like; uses html and form helpers
* Added gravatar helper
* Updated timespan() function which displays shorter info.
* Added Mauth config item for login strikes.
* more probably

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
Downloaded and installed on clean CI2, screen shows up blank. Could be my error but happened twice. Please send a working clean CI2 w/ Mauth. Really want to sink my teeth into this.

Downloaded Mauth from bitbucket under downloads version mauth_0.9.5.tar.gz

You should probably check out the troubleshooting guide. A blank screen indicates you don't have PHP errors enabled.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB