Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Mauth 0.9.6 - Authentication and User Managment Package (CI 2.0)

[eluser]jsterj[/eluser]
Testing it out. Liking it so far. Did notice there's no check for duplicate usernames. It allowed me to register the same username twice. Easy enough to fix, but thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Keep up the great work. I'll be watching for updates.

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
Yea, everyone's system is different so you may need to do that yourself.

[eluser]NiconPhantom[/eluser]
Thank you! Really good job! I'll implement your lib into my cms :-)

[eluser]pbreit[/eluser]
Quote:everyone’s system is different so you may need to do that yourself.

I've actually thought that everyone's user management needs are pretty similar. Especially things like non-duplicate usernames.

Not the same table nor field. In the meantime, we can program that I believe.

[eluser]sirwan.me[/eluser]
[quote author="RaZoR LeGaCy" date="1290419702"]Not the same table nor field. In the meantime, we can program that I believe.[/quote]

I think non-duplicating User names is a basic necessity. How could there be 2 users called "bob" for instance, making comments under the user name "bob".

[eluser]missionsix[/eluser]
Its not that hard to implement... you would just add a callback function the registration function.

i'll add it to my list of stuff to do.

Thank you missionsix, package coming along nicely.

[eluser]RJ[/eluser]
@missionsix any progress on this front? *Expansion from MySQL to use the ORM

[eluser]missionsix[/eluser]
@bullspit,

I wish i could say i've done that, but a majority of the queries are MySQL only and are fine tuned for speed. I haven't had a chance to go through them and figure out ORM ways.

On a side note, the original auth controller DID check for duplicate usernames, but the callback function got renamed and forgot to update the change in the form_validation library rule.

You guys can probably find the change, but if not the change set is here: http://bitbucket.org/missionsix/mauth/ch...23d302bc34

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB