Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Mauth 0.9.6 - Authentication and User Managment Package (CI 2.0)

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
The reason there have been so many is because A) none of them are perfect and B) they do indeed differ a lot.

This is why one is not in the core already. Should the core permission system whitelist or blacklist? Should it allow rules to be defined by controller and method, but sub-folder or custom defined? If custom defined how does the application track those rules?

Is a user in one group or unlimited? Do groups override each other? If one group has access but another group has access and a user is in both, which would win? Ban or allow?

There are a million variables to this. Confusedmirk:

[eluser]Medikal[/eluser]
I was wondering what the plans for integrating fbook/twitter/openID if any for this project? As I saw it was planned in the original release a while back.

[eluser]Jeremy Hutchings[/eluser]
[quote author="Medikal" date="1292872631"]I was wondering what the plans for integrating fbook/twitter/openID if any for this project? As I saw it was planned in the original release a while back.[/quote]

No idea, my motivation to get something usable for CI is for the 3 As :

- Authentication
- Authorisation
- ACLs

I thought a3m might do the trick, though alas not as it's missing roles $ permissions. Not having this is a real road block to just about all projects I'd need to do, I'm curious as to why it's not in already.

Though I've just found and am checking out Yii Framework as well, while more bloated it takes care of these crucial fundamentals.

[eluser]missionsix[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1292865832"]application/third_party/mauth/libraries/mauth.php needs to be Mauth.php or it will fail on case sensitive OS'.

Why are you using a hook AND an extended controller? The two do basically the same thing here and its adding lots of hidden code. You then also extend the Hook system?

This user library uses a LOT of extra code in many places and will be a headache to implement and a headache to work with for now.

It has some real potential but needs to be tidied up a little. Removing the Template library will probably cause less confusion in the long run too. Views should just be simple examples.[/quote]

The hooks extension library allows me to provide hooks in parts of the authentication library where another developer might want to extend the system.

It is also needed to get the Mauth middleware running, as some parts of the code igniter system were not loaded yet at the default hook points. I found that the pre_controller was too early, and post_controller_constructor was too late in correctly restricting access based on URIs. Simply auto-loading the library also causes some dependencies to fail.

So when Mauth_Controller is extended, A hook is defined which includes the Mauth library, but it can also be denied to load based on restricted controllers in the <i>config/mauth.php</i> file.

You're right in that there is some stuff that is unneeded. I've thought about removing the template library before, Just haven't made the effort yet.

[quote author="Medikal" date="1292872631"]I was wondering what the plans for integrating fbook/twitter/openID if any for this project? As I saw it was planned in the original release a while back.[/quote]

Still planned but I've been busy with some other stuff and haven't found the time to get work on these changes.

[eluser]jacobkball[/eluser]
Thanks for the heads up on Yii, Jeremy. Looks pretty good so far - I'm going to download it, and give it a spin Smile

[eluser]AndrewTurner[/eluser]
Hey,

I was wondering does mAuth support multiple groups per user?

Thanks Smile

keep up the good work

Currently Mauth is restricted to one role per user, but roles can be inherited infinitely. If a role inherits a permission, it will be checked up the inheritance branch until it is either approved, denied or there is no rule set (denied).

For example, if you had this schema, where indentation indicates inheritance:
Code:
admin        allowed
  moderator    inherit
     forum mod   inherit
All three would be approved for the permission. However, if you had the following:
Code:
admin    allowed
  moderator  denied
    forum mod  inherit
only the Administrator would be granted access.
Code:
admin    allowed
user     ignored/inherit
   new_users   inherit
In the above schema, users and new users would be Denied access by default, because no rule is set which grants them access. So its easy to setup access restrictions by only allowing the groups you want in. And I saw no need for multiple groups.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB