Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter time out apache 2.2 running on windows box, works fine on Linux server

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi guys,

We are developing a website with CMS for our client and it is working fine on our server running apache 2 on linux. But it is not working, server time out whenever we go to the link request a bit more resources since we put the site on our client server running apache 2.2 running on windows box, the error is it can not load the file needed.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible that the htaccess using for codeigniter to hide index.php url conflict with the htaccess on the current site running because we place our site in a beta folder before putting it live?But it does not make sense because it is working fine after business hours and no error at all, it is a bit wierd?

2. Is there any setting, configuration needed for codeigniter to run on our client server as described above?

We really appreciate with all your comments.

Thank you

[eluser]iloveci[/eluser]
If you moved the site to the beta folder you may need to update the .htaccess. I had a project where we did similar and I needed to change the RewriteBase to
RewriteBase /beta

[eluser]Narkboy[/eluser]
As long as you updated the config for CI (config.php / index.php / .htaccess) there is no reson why your app won't run on a Win box. I do 90% developmenet on a windows box, 100% hosting on Linux.

I think that the fact it runs out of business hours but not during is most troubling. Reminds me of the story about the cleaner unplugging the life support to run the vacum. If the app works _ever_ on a given box, then it's configured correctly. Periods when it's not working are likely the box, not the app.

/B

[eluser]dbashyal[/eluser]
check this thread for .htaccess options.

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/85429/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB