Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Searchable Site

[eluser]Freewolf[/eluser]
Greetings All,

I am rebuilding a site and considering how best to build it so that it is searchable. Searchable as in an internal site search for content. This question is not about SEO.

I have a MySQL backend where some of the content will be stored and dynamically will need to be generated. Other pages will have static content.

The design for display particularly of the DB content is going to use quite a bit of JQuery.

I was thinking of having each page basically stored in the Database, for use of the full text search. However I think that migth create problems with the use of JQuery and the way I am going to need to set up queries to the DB to pull data on certain pages. That would also create the problem of having code stored in the database. Particularly through the use of CI to generate the pages and queries.

Are there other ideas out there, or am I not thinking of the Fulltext search in the right way. Since I am new to CI I am not sure of some of the best ways to do things, is there something in CI that makes this easier or a plugin or something?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB