Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter's new description -- wha??

[eluser]coolfactor[/eluser]
It now reads: "CodeIgniter is an Open Source Web Application Framework that helps you write incredible PHP programs".

What happened to being kick-ass? And "incredible PHP programs"? Huh?

I'm sorry, but I think that almost feels amateurish and boring. Sorry to be harsh, but that was my first impression when I read that. :-)

[eluser]Fierymind[/eluser]
I think its much better right now.

[eluser]Dennis Rasmussen[/eluser]
1) The new description is standard for every other Framework - That sucks in a way, BUT...
2) EllisLab, Inc. is finally paying their attention back to CI <3

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
it's "copy by committee"... :-) acceptable to everyone, but safe, and dull. gag. i used to be kick-ass, now i am just incredible.

[eluser]phpserver[/eluser]
Ass and the like are banned words in many websites.Imagine sitting in a board meeting with a very liquid company and all over sudden the lead product developer asks you to explain to the 'other old people with a lot of shares' what codeigniter is?.The mention of the ass word will be considered an assault on decency may it be unintentional and chances of getting the contract are as far fetched as having a flat tyre three kilometres to pluto.

Happened to me once,went well, but boy the eyes i got!

[eluser]brycmills[/eluser]
As a business, CodeIgniter is taking the necessary steps to be taken serious. As with phpserver, I also have received weird looks and questions.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB