Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
HTTP request failed! 404 Not Found - But it's there

[eluser]Muppit[/eluser]
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the idea of this framework, so working few a thru teething issues, forgive the ignorance if I'm way out on logic and sensible problem finding here, but this issue has been doing my head in the last 3 days and search has turned up nothing...

The problem is I've set up FCKEditor to work within a simple CMS I'm building, and I've had great success locally, integrating the required files, done both thru the traditional method and via the inclusion as the editor as a library using form_fckeditor() function. They've both worked brilliant.

However, since shifting from local to remote [site is currently posted on the back of my own to demo to client] it's throwing a 404 Not Found error, yet if I copy/paste the URL of the 'unfound' file from the error message into it's own browser window it's there, live and kicking.

What am I misssing? has anyone else had this problem before? I've tried everything, from base_url(), to PHP's own server path 'discoverers', to using a straight cut server path and it STILL doesn't want to take it...I'm starting to wonder if it's my PHP code, or the setup on our server, but I *can* *not* find the problem and client is getting a little impatient.

The URL is here, note it's the beginnings of my CMS, but take a look at the 'lost' URL, copy & paste it and you'll see FCK's own php files being hit and outputting the messages there. Any ideas on what I'm missing??

Lost File....

Thanks,

G

******************* EDIT
After more research on a more broader scale I'm finding it's possibly an issue between IIS & PHP, [the overall 404 errors also being returned] so most likely I'm in the wrong website...still, I'll post any findings and solutions if they happen in case anyone else runs into this problem...cheers.

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
if the system folder and the index.php are in the same folder then you can use the standard unchanged system folder setting from the index.php...
Code:
| This variable must contain the name of your "system" folder.
| Include the path if the folder is not in the same  directory
| as this file.
|
| NO TRAILING SLASH!
|
*/
    $system_folder = "system";

if your system folder is at another folder then you have to use a relative path to describe the location.

as example, if the index.php is at the www homedir and the system folder is one level up, so you have to write:
Code:
$system_folder = "../system"

good luck!

[eluser]Muppit[/eluser]
Cheers Gunter,

I had checked that and it was all checking out. Since writing this post I've bought myself a month's worth of hosting on a Linux/ Apache combo to test the diff. and with minimal fuss I've managed to get the site up & running as it was locally. So all good.

As far as I can see, it's something to do with the PHP/IIS settings on Windows / IIS server. So now it's up to me to find exactly what the setting[s] are and how to manipulate it closer to being like the Apache setup.

Either way, at least I can test and deliver prototypes on this temporary setup while i figure out how to rectify and pound IIS / PHP into shape to do as it should...

G

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
oh, big sorry, I didn´t get it that you are using iis. Smile

search around in the forum for iis problems - there are a lot! I remember,
there are 2 things to change in the config.php to make it run at an IIS machine:
Quote:change $config[’uri_protocol’] = “AUTO”; to $config[’uri_protocol’] = “PATH_INFO”;

and then change in the config.php from the entry for "index.php" to "index.php?"
good luck!

[eluser]Muppit[/eluser]
Gunter you are the man. That and I really am a muppit. Changing the uri_protocol var to PATH_INFO worked like a charm. I literally burned 3 days on this problem, annoyed the living bajeepers out of my mate running the server, and dragged the preliminary deadline for this project to well past a week.

However adding the '?' to the end of the .php spit an error about not re-directing properly, but I'll remember it for any problems that pop up next time. That and I'll remeber to search harder too....[thought I had...]

Thanks again for the headsup, til' next time!

G

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
really?
this in your config.php does not work?
Code:
$config['index_page'] = "index.php";

[eluser]Muppit[/eluser]
No it does, so this:

Code:
$config['index_page'] = "index.php";

Works as you'd expect it should, but I must've mis-understood your previous post, where you suggested adding a question mark to the end of the php, so this:

Code:
$config['index_page'] = "index.php?";

threw a non-CI redirect error. So I removed it and away she went...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB