Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
URI Routing problem

[eluser]onikage997[/eluser]
hi all,

Can someone please help me. I recently finished applying CodeIgniter in my site. www.the-benefits-of.com

I've tested all url in my local server and all is working fine.

But after uploading all my files in live...
Problem:
- All of my links are showing the default index of my default controller.
- No matter what almost I do, the page calls the function index in the class of my default controller.

Here's my code in routes.php
Code:
$route['default_controller'] = "benefits";
$route['scaffolding_trigger'] = "";
$route['benefits-of-.+.html'] = "benefits/title";
$route['index.html'] = "benefits/index";
$route['about-us.html'] = "page/title";
$route['list-of-benefits.html'] = "page/title";
$route['search-benefits-result.html'] = "page/title";
$route['copyright-notice.html'] = "page/title";

Here's my code in .htaccess
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|css|js|y_key_8cea22b21ebf57b1\.html|sitemap\.xml|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]

Here's my code in controller benefits.php
Code:
<?php
class Benefits extends Controller {
function Benefits()
    {
        parent::Controller();
    }

function index()
    {
//Why do I always get called in live?
}

function title()
    {
//I don't get called in live but I'm looking good here in the local server.
}
}

Please Note:
- I've tested all url in my local server and all is working fine.

many thanks guys...

bump.... please help... Sad Sad

if I'm posting this on a wrong thread please guide me where's the right place so someone can answer me...

many thanks

[eluser]Bart Mebane[/eluser]
I tried most of the urls that are listed in your routes, and they seemed to be returning the correct pages. Are you still having problems?

hi,

yes, I'm still having this problem. My hosting said there's a problem with their mod_rewrite thing in the server and their working on it right now but it's already been a day.

You can check my website Codeigniter Version here http://beta.the-benefits-of.com
As you'll see there.., all of my links will show you a content of my index..

Also, I have these error in my error_logs:
Code:
[03-Nov-2010 06:01:30] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/: cannot read file data: Is a directory in Unknown on line 0
[03-Nov-2010 06:01:32] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/: cannot read file data: Is a directory in Unknown on line 0
[03-Nov-2010 06:01:33] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/: cannot read file data: Is a directory in Unknown on line 0
[03-Nov-2010 06:01:36] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/: cannot read file data: Is a directory in Unknown on line 0

thanks for replying...

It's hard to tell what's going on. You can try temporarily removing or renaming your .htaccess until your host gets the problem fixed, and using index.php in the url. A couple of questions ... what is the base_url set to in your config.php? Do you have two controllers, "benefits" and "page"?

The site seems to work if you include index.php in the url (for example, http://beta.the-benefits-of.com/index.ph...efits.html). Need to change css path from relative to absolute.

hi,

Yes I've notice that but it won't make sense if I don't take that index.php out since its for seo purpose....

I need the url to work without that index.php...

thanks for replying.

It probably won't work without index.php until your host fixes the mod rewrite problem.

hi Bart,

Code below fixed the problem
Code:
$path = (isset($_SERVER['ORIG_PATH_INFO'])) ? $_SERVER['ORIG_PATH_INFO'] : @getenv('ORIG_PATH_INFO');
if (trim($path, '/') != '' && $path != "/".SELF)
{
$this->uri_string = $path;
return;
}

thanks

[eluser]Reneesh T K[/eluser]
I was a problem with codeigniter url rewriting.

I have to go to www.abc.com/catalog/product/4354

when using the url www.abc.com/samsung_galaxy_y it was not working.

After a long time I find out the reason and fixed it.

I have explained it in my blog.

http://myphplibrary.blogspot.in/2012/03/...n-url.html

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB