Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ubuntu Lamp server problems

[eluser]Jamongkad[/eluser]
Hi all I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron laptop install with Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. Anyways I managed to install LAMP through sudo aptitude. I'm running the server now and I copy pasted a CI 1.5.4 into the var/www directory. To my surprise I get this error

Code:
Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/var/www/myapplication/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0

What does this mean?

[eluser]kateo[/eluser]
Hi! I tried to do the same thing on my computer tomorrow and I have an error too. Can you explain me the way to fix it please, if you succeed...
Thanks.

[eluser]Seppo[/eluser]
It seems that the index.php file has no enough permission for APACHE to run it. You can chmod it higher for all user, or better, chown all files to APACHE user.

[eluser]kateo[/eluser]
Ok, I'll try your solution.

Thanks.

### EDIT

I tied to modify permissions but I have the same error :

Quote:Warning: require_once(/home/kevin/Web/www/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/kevin/Web/www/index.php on line 132

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/kevin/Web/www/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/kevin/Web/www/index.php on line 132

[eluser]Jamongkad[/eluser]
Hi Kateo what the warning means is that Apache can't access the CodeIgniter.php file due to file permission restrictions. What you should do is upgrade your entire CodeIgniter app to chmod 777 so that apache won't complain anymore.

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Code:
chmod -R 0777 /home/kevin/Web/www/

Either that, or - if Apache is running as www-data, make that user the owner:
Code:
chown www-data /home/kevin/Web/www/

[eluser]mahrizal[/eluser]
@michael Wales

thank's it works for me

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB