Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Paypal automated Mass Payment? Anyone?

[eluser]PeterGreffen[/eluser]
Here's the thing:

I have different shops managed by different users.
On my website, visitors can add products from the different shops to their shopping cart and checkout with Paypal.

Code:
Shopping cart example:
Product id 51 - from shop A - price: $50 - qty: 2 - total $100
Product id 34 - from shop B - price: $25 - qty: 2 - total $50
Product id 21 - from shop C - price: $50 - qty: 2 - total $100
Total: $250

On checkout, the entire $250 is transferred to my account (with Paypal).

Code:
VISITOR ==== $250 ====> ME

Here comes my question:

Can I - automatically, without me needing to log in to Paypal every time!! - bulk-pay the shop owners via Paypal?

Code:
ME  ==== $100 ====> SHOP A OWNER
ME  ==== $50  ====> SHOP B OWNER
ME  ==== $100 ====> SHOP C OWNER

I know this is not so much a ci related question, but I one of you must have had this problem?

Thanks in advance!
P.Greffen.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
You shouldn't even be in the loop. Payments should go directly to the shop owners.

[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1289499542"]You shouldn't even be in the loop. Payments should go directly to the shop owners.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. You are absolutely right.
But all the shop owners have different Paypal accounts.
If someone checks out, he/she would then have to pay each shop owner seperatly, making seperate visits to Paypal. That's the only reason I'm in between. I don't earn anything with that...

[eluser]Rolly1971[/eluser]
i know what your getting at, it is something that would be a very handy thing for my project as well, however i have never seen this functionality with PayPal. Not to say it is not possible, if you look at Turbosquid, i am sure they do not go in once a month a payout all the designers that sell there one at a time manually, i myself though do not know how to do this with paypal. maybe a more detailed search and look through their api documentation may yield some results.

Alertpay on the other hand, they have some functionality in their API's that allows for this type of thing. Which is something i am currently working on integrating into my application.

[eluser]Rolly1971[/eluser]
it just occurred to me , you should go and check the PayPal X dev network site, tons of code samples and documentation : http://www.x.com

also have a read through this PDF doc on the Paypal Adaptive Payments:
https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en...yments.pdf

Hey Rolley1971, thanks a lot. I was just looking trough the Alertpay site. They indeed do offer the Mass Pay options for free without loggin in. Which is very nice. And indeed, Paypal also has a similar service. I'm checking all these and will let you know what came out.
Thanks a lot!
P.

[eluser]pbreit[/eluser]
PayPal is just now rolling out a feature to support this. It's call "Split Payments - Parallel Payments". What this is supposed to support is a buyer going through one PayPal checkout flow and paying multiple recipients. It results in separate PayPal transactions from the buyer's perspective (as if they had paid each merchant individually).

I am pretty sure it is included in "Adaptive Payments". It may also be available in "Express Checkout".

excellent. just excellent!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB