Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
jQuery WYSIWYG with image uploader

[eluser]fedeisas[/eluser]
Hi folks! I'm guessing that CodeIgniter main purpose is building web apps. And, a lot of those web apps have some editable content. I'm not necessarily talking about a blog, but every site I've build face the crucial moment when my clients says: "Hmmm, can I add some pictures to this editable area?".

I've tried a LOT of JS solutions to get a decent WYSIWYG with image uploader working with Codeigniter...I couldn't find a crossbrowser solution, and I didn't take the time to make a Codeigniter Class to handle my image uploading from the textarea.

I thinks it would be great to have a library that handles all this 'repetitive' task for us.

Is there anyone out there who has integrated succesfully CodeIgniter and whatever jQuery WYSIWYG with image uploading? Any clues?

Thanks!

Mmmm... Anyone? Ideas?

[eluser]Bastian Heist[/eluser]
I suppose you've tried TinyMCE? It doesn't have an image uploader itself, but I'm sure there's a simple one that you could combine with TinyMCE to have all the features you need.

[quote author="Bastian Heist" date="1290117563"]I suppose you've tried TinyMCE? It doesn't have an image uploader itself, but I'm sure there's a simple one that you could combine with TinyMCE to have all the features you need.[/quote]

Yes, of course I've tried TinyMCE. But the lack of image uploading capabilities is a deal breaker. I know there's a plugin called MCFileManager for TinyMCE but it's a paid one (and still...I'd have to port the raw php uploader to CodeIgntier).

Other option that I've tried is NicEdit, it has a really simple image uploader but fails on IE (some weird javascript error that I couldn't fix).

Any other options out there?

Thanks a lot!

I was looking at PyroCMS...and they had a gallery module...and in the articles module, you can add images from that galleries.

I'm thinking on taking the 'wordpress' approach, where you add the images directly to your article.

Any suggestions?

[eluser]Circuitbomb[/eluser]
Im actually using <markitup/> right not, its not a WYSIWG, but still pretty darn nice and customizable

http://markitup.jaysalvat.com/home/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB