Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
If you could change two things about the CodeIgniter forums, they would be...

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
If you could change two things about the CodeIgniter forums, they would be...

Discuss. :-D

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
- a spam filter that works
- a mark-as-read button on the search results (now you have to go back, and risk marking posts that have been placed after the search)

[eluser]Bart v B[/eluser]
A good moderator team! Wink

Latley i see more and more discussions standing in the wrong forums.

Perhaps a better forum layout, so it will be obvious where you should open your topic.

Something like this (from the head):

- introduce your self
- codeigniter questions
- codeigniter discussion
- frontend
- script requests
- Design paterns

something like that.

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
1. No active links for new members combined with
2. Only x posts per x time period for new members.

Existing spam reporting will expose abusive members before they are able to have links displayed.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
1) Better SPAM filtering.
2) New CodeIgniter 2.0 forum.

InsiteFX

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Jones" date="1290200124"]If you could change two things about the CodeIgniter forums, they would be...[/quote]

I'm going to keep one in reserve, and for now just suggest ISO 8601 date formats for the list of threads page - that wonky US mm/dd/yyyy format consistently screws with my brain.

[eluser]nuwanda[/eluser]
It works pretty well for me, but maybe a forum for non-newbs that requires at least x posts to ask a question.

That said, newbs often learn a lot from discussions they don't quite understand yet. Plus, I'm a semi-newb :-)

[eluser]pbreit[/eluser]
I think the forums are pretty good already. I'd be careful about any additional segmentation. Unless the categories are clearly different, it doesn't usually work that well. For example, "CodeIgniter Discussion" and "Code & App Dev" get pretty much the same type of questions. Also be careful with spam prevention that hinders legitimate and especially new legitimate users. Maybe check out Akismet.

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
a "SOLVED" button, just that

[eluser]RJ[/eluser]
Sorting search results by date and relevance.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB