Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
System Wide Config Files

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am wondering if there is a way to have configuration that resides in the system folder and not in the app directory.

Currently, I am working on an application that will be running several different subdomains. The controllers and models are all going to be different for each subdomain, yet they will all be running off the same database and tables.

I have my sub domains set up on my server, each one pointing to a different directory. Each directory has it's respective application directory, index.php and .htaccess. All of these are running off one central system directory.

Is there a way where I can easily add a config files into the system directory? I don't want to have multiple copies of config/database.php, etc in my application folders.

Let me know if this doesn't make any sense.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Config files are loaded relative to the application/config folder, so if you load a config file called "../../system/config/file.php" it's loaded from the system folder (assuming you've moved your app folder one up, outside the system folder if you're using 1.7.2.).

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB