Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
search engine please please help

[eluser]prabhatshishodia[/eluser]
hi this is prabhat here new with codeigniter .i have program with search.i have one database of employee.i want a search input box where i want search by name or email or phone .and show in view page.i have database hr with table name tblemp.

[eluser]Narkboy[/eluser]
Ok - so where is it you're having trouble? If it's all of it then:

Read up on controllers and models in the User Guide.

You'll need:

a controller to show the search form, recieve the results, process them and display them. You can do this in several controller functions if you'd rather.

a model to perform the search. You *could* do it direct from the controller, but that violates the MCV principle and should be avoided.

a search form view which contains the form itself.

a search results form which contains the results template.

a detail page that shows details for the employee when they're clicked on in the results page.

That's it. Also read up on form validation in the user guide because it's very helpful to give your users feedback when they get the form wrong.

Start with the controller, then the form validation, then the model. Test each stage and you should find it pretty easy going.

While you're in the user guide, read as much as you can. It is very, very good. One of the best I've found for a framework, in fact.

Good luck!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB