Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
form_dropdown multiple select preserve values while validation - different servers -different behavior(?)

[eluser]DimCI[/eluser]
Hi all! I feel the problem is in differences between servers. I wonder whether anybody ever seen the same?

I have a registration form on a new site (using CI validation class). There're two multiple select dropdown boxes in the form. No problem on my home pc (LAMP) when i intentionally generate user's error in form submission - both SELECT boxes preserve values choosed before form submission.

But when the site files were uploaded to the host where my other sites resides and I began to test it, I found that both SELECT boxes lose there values after the form fails in validation.

The www host files set is 100% exact copy of the set on home machine (except the path to /codeigniter folder and mysql database name).

What do you think about the possible causes? Thank you.

[eluser]DimCI[/eluser]
Sorry, guys, for bothering.. There was an old MY_form helper draft in application/helpers directory which spoiled all..

moral: do not just upload renewed directories but delete old directories with the same names from the server before uploading

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB