Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Calendar class problem

Hi everyone,

Im working with codeigniter for a while and can fix most problems myself. Now I stubled on a problem where I am not sure what the problem really is. I am trying to load the calendar class to generate a calendar. I auto-loaded the class, loaded in the controller's construction method, and tried to load it in the controllers method where I use it. Nothing seems to work because I get this error everytime:

Call to undefined method Calendar::generate()

When I check if the calendar class is loaded it returns a false... I have no idea what the problem is. I did not alter any codeigniter system functions and the class is in the normal directory.

Did anyone had this problem before or understands whats going on here?

Hm, normaly it should work like this:

PHP Code:
$this->load->library('calendar');
echo 
$this->calendar->generate(); 

Is this what you did?

yes, I used the example code from the CodeIgniter User Guide Version 2.2.0. I am running this version. This is the first time I tried the calendar class, but it doesnt work with the example code. I am running it local on WAMP.

The exact error is:

( ! ) Fatal error: Call to undefined method Calendar::generate() in C:\wamp\www\XXX\application\controllers\admin.php on line 104
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0014 258408 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0
2 0.0038 316416 require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\XXX\system\core\CodeIgniter.php' ) ..\index.php:202
3 0.1362 3380352 call_user_func_array:{C:\wamp\www\XXX\system\core\CodeIgniter.php:359} ( ) ..\CodeIgniter.php:359
4 0.1362 3380480 Admin->bla( )

trip3nd please provide us with your code.. we can't just guess what is the problem..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

I thought I explained clear enough...

Well I am using the exact same code as the userguide example:

echo $this->calendar->generate();

And this does not seem to work. The library isnt loaded and because of that the error indicates that the calendar->generate method doesnt excist.....

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2014, 08:25 AM by sv3tli0.)

(11-25-2014, 07:20 AM)trip3nd Wrote: I thought I explained clear enough...

Well I am using the exact same code as the userguide example:

echo $this->calendar->generate();

And this does not seem to work. The library isnt loaded and because of that the error indicates that the calendar->generate method doesnt excist.....

Do you have any model/library or other class loaded with the same name calendar ? 
Some times such name duplication can fuck you up..

You can var_dump($this->calendar) just to be sure that this is the required Library class.
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

Just for fun .. can you include the timezone in the /index.php of your document root like that (e.g. for germany)

PHP Code:
try one of them

if(!ini_get('date.timezone')) { date_default_timezone_set('GMT'); }
#if (function_exists('date_default_timezone_set')) { date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Berlin'); } 

This is done in CI3. Maybe it helps you for your WAMP environment

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB