Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI 2.0 Official... When it will be ready?

[eluser]Capt. Kirk[/eluser]
Hello Derek!

I'd like to know when an official release of CI 2.0 will be ready?

Thanks.

[eluser]DChill[/eluser]
I suspect that will depend on the progress of the new Core and Reactor branches. Check out this news article: CodeIgniter in 2011: Reactor, Core, & UserVoice.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Could you add a question mark in the title? I saw the title in my RSS feed and assumed I missed an official launch. >.<

As soon as the official launch is ready it will be on the homepage, just subscribe to the CodeIgniter Blog and you'll be total instantly. CI 2.0 is already stable enough to use so go ahead and use it on your projects.

[eluser]DChill[/eluser]
Phil, will Core and/or Reactor be showing up on Bitbucket? How will these branches relate to the current 2.0 branch?

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Core is the current 2.0 branch. We'll have another branch with some new stuff in it. Simple as that. :cheese:

It will all be on BitBucket yes.

[eluser]DChill[/eluser]
I look forward to the availability of Reactor, and congratulations on being named one of the moderators. I read that the Feature Request forum was closed in favor of UserVoice. Is that where suggested code patches and such go? Right now, it seems focused on voting for the most desired changes and generalized discussion.

[eluser]Eric Barnes[/eluser]
They haven't really said anything about suggested code patches but I assume it will remain on BitBucket and you can issue a pull request.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB