Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Facebook tab intricacies

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I've developed a facebook app to go inside of a tab on a client's page. I don't know if many of you have worked in facebook tabs, but they're irritating as all hell. They defy the already terrible facebook rules even further. Right now, the app works perfectly fine as its own application, but once put into a tab, it links out TO the application instead of remaining in the tab when an anchor is clicked.

I know it's because i have the base_url set as the application's facebook app url. However, if I leave it as my server's url for "base_url", it links offsite and opens a new window when an anchor is clicked.

I've made plenty of apps NOT using code igniter that didn't have this problem, so I know it's something to do in code igniter's handling of url's.

Could it have something to do with the fact that i'm not using mod rewrite? I don't know if the index.php should really cause an issue. I can't imagine it would.

Any ideas, friends?

[eluser]SitesByJoe[/eluser]
I don;t think the index.php is causing thetrouble.

Good luck getting that facebook tab to stay. Have you tried just using AJAX requests so you don't have to load the whole new page? Is that out of the question?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have a feeling Facebook tabs won't even pretend to allow me to do that. It's worth a try, I guess.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB