Looking through the log files

[eluser]nZac[/eluser]
I was looking through my log files and saw this:

Code:
DEBUG - 2010-12-05 02:25:05 --> Final output sent to browser
DEBUG - 2010-12-05 02:25:05 --> Total execution time: 0.0696
DEBUG - 2010-12-05 02:25:05 --> Config Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2010-12-05 02:25:05 --> Hooks Class Initialized
DEBUG - 2010-12-05 02:25:05 --> Accessing site_offline_hook!
DEBUG - 2010-12-05 02:25:05 --> site_offline_hook says site is on.
DEBUG - 2010-12-05 02:25:05 --> URI Class Initialized
ERROR - 2010-12-05 02:25:05 --> 404 Page Not Found --> css

Why, after the system has finished, does the config, hooks and URI class all get initialized? Also, what would cause a 404 error with "--> css" like that?

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]
I would hazard a quick guess and reckon that your the path to the css file cannot be found. Once you have rectified this error then the other classes will not be called again.

Before your CSS script try using <?php echo getcwd();?>, find out the path to your CSS file then use the following:
Code:
<link type='text/css' href='<?php echo base_url();?>PATH-TO-SET/stylesheet.css' rel='stylesheet' />

Make sure:
1. you load $this->load->helper('url'); // preferably in ./config/autoload.php

2. set $config['base_url'] = 'http://' .$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] .'/'; in your ./config/config.php

[eluser]nZac[/eluser]
Worked like a charm, thanks!

[quote author="nZac" date="1291595953"]Worked like a charm, thanks![/quote]

'glad to be able to help, I wish I was as good at guessing lottery numbersSmile

Looking forward to seeing your http://jetblastmedia.com/ which is currently down?

[eluser]nZac[/eluser]
Someday, when I actually have money to get a host I will get that site up and running. I still own the domain though! I need to find someone to help me with design. Design is by far my weak point as a developer. I could work on backend programming all day, but when it comes to UI/UX I am awful! Any takers? Smile

[quote author="nZac" date="1291615836"]
Someday, when I actually have money to get a host I will get that site up and running. I still own the domain though!

I need to find someone to help me with design. Design is by far my weak point as a developer. I could work on backend programming all day, but when it comes to UI/UX I am awful!

Any takers? Smile
[/quote]

I will have a word with a friend who has a server about hosting within your budget.

As far as design is concerned then you will never be able to please everybody. Just go for it and learn from your mistakes and/or feedback from review forums.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB