Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
got 404 on ubuntu 10.10

[eluser]dimas ts[/eluser]
hi,

I have some problem with codeigniter on the newest ubuntu, i do not why, but it said 404 page not found, here is the error log :

Code:
[Sun Nov 14 00:38:13 2010] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /media/Seriusan/wamp/www/ocbc/index.php/login

i have enabled mod_rewrite and mod_proxy, also change override in apache conf to :

Code:
AllowOverride All

then i have read this thread http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/167202/P0/ and follow the instruction,but still not work Sad

maybe the problem from write permission in my NTFS disk? but i am not sure

i hope you can help me

regards

bump!

[eluser]Starman[/eluser]
I feel your pain mate. I was having the same problem.
A friend of mine explained to me that mod_rewrite has to be enabled in two places, and you have to enable it manually in one of those places. Basically, mod_rewrite will not be enabled by simply using the terminal command:
Code:
sudo a2enmod userdir

Once you run that command, you also have to edit the 000-default. you can load it up by entering this in terminal:
Code:
sudo gedit /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default

Once 000-default is open, you need to change the 2nd line under <Directory /var/www/> from:
Code:
AllowOverride None
to:
Code:
AllowOverride All

Then restart apache with:
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And you should be all sorted!

It was ubuntu's fault, so I hope you haven't commited suicide & blamed yourself. I almost did. :lol:

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Well, you're not alone guys...I've the same problem.

thanks for reply, now im using one bundle lampp Wink and it works fine

[eluser]selinan[/eluser]
check the system if it's unbroken. normally, it won't 404.

[eluser]eoinmcg[/eluser]
if you want thorough instructions on how to configure your own lamp stack on ubuntu 10.* there's a wealth of excellent walk throughs here: http://articles.slicehost.com/ubuntu-10

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB