Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Addphoto turns blank page for pictures more than 1 MB

[eluser]caglarutkuguler[/eluser]
Hello everyone

I am trying to add photos to my news but whenever I use the events>addphoto, it ends up with a blank page. Only the pictures less than 1 MB can see the next step (jcrop). My server's max.upload limit is 2 MB.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

[eluser]Twisted1919[/eluser]
I believe you have a low upload speed and your script times out .
try this in your controller that handles the upload :
set_time_limit(0);

When I use Google Chrome it shows me the upload speed and uploading percentage. The percentage reaches to 100% and then says waiting for www.my_website.com and then blank page. I guess it is not ralated to timing out. However I want to try your soluion but I couldn't understand where to put the code. Is it ınder controller folder?

[eluser]Mat-Moo[/eluser]
I'd guess php is running out of memory for uncompressing the image. What resolution files are your trying to upload, the actual number of pixels X and Y?

Horizonal 300 dpi
Vertical 300 dpi
Dimensions: 3648 x 2736 pixels
24 bit
1.70 MB

[eluser]Mat-Moo[/eluser]
So php will need 40MB minimum(ish) memory allocation to load it in, what's the php limits set at?

I don't know. I don't authenticate server. But will learn as soon as possible. Is it in the php.ini file?

[eluser]Mat-Moo[/eluser]
Think it's "memory_limit" in php_info() - You might have to google for more info.

Thank you...

Yes, I just checked the memory limit by uploding a php info file to test my server. It is 32 MB. What should it be? I need to upload 2MB sized files. And same dimensions.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB