Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
EzAuth 0.4 (beta) Released! - An ACL/user management CodeIgniter Project

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
Hi, I've started a CodeIgniter project called EzAuth which acts as a simple ACL/user management system. It uses sessions and MySQL tables to take care of:

- user registration (with optional e-mail verification)
- user login
- lost account retrieval
- password changing
- user session management
- password protecting certain pages or sections of your website

It's built as a model instead of a library because apparently PHP4 doesn't like instantiating objects within library class constructors. It's also very lightweight and flexible because EzAuth is only one file.

I use it for my websites and I think it's great because of its flexibility. Try it out!

There's a fully working online demo that shows how it works. Hope you like it!

http://bizwidgets.biz/solutions/ezauth/

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
That's interresting. What are the differences with an existing system like Freakauth?

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
For the same reasons I love CodeIgniter! I like to make applications that are lightweight, flexible, and don't take a lot to learn or install.

EzAuth is only ONE file! Everything is in there, the code is compact and self explanatory I think (the login function logs the user in, the authorization function authorizes a user for a certain page, etc.). There are no un-necessary functions or database tables.

I tried to make EzAuth as easy as CodeIgniter by providing in-depth documentation in the same format as CodeIgniter's, a fully functional online demo, and a downloadable example CodeIgniter application that is easy enough to figure out without reading a manual. The only thing missing is a video tutorial!

Also, I wanted something that was easy to integrate with all of my other projects without extra configuration. In conclusion, I think it's really easy to figure out and implement in your own applications.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
That's a good argumentation Danoph, and I also like lightweight things.

Your library looks very interresting, I will give it a try on a next project and give you some feedback because I was using Freakauth in some past project, but there are too much things that we don't need in it (it's a nice application, that work good, but really too heavy coded)

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
Thanks, elitemedia. I am very open to suggestions for the program and documentation also.

[eluser]ceej[/eluser]
I'm defiantly going to use this on my next project. I do have one question though, is it possible to turn the user name into the persons email address?

Many thanks

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
sure, off the top of my head, you could just ask a user for his e-mail address, and in the background you would enter his e-mail as the username and e-mail address

so he would login using his e-mail address as the username and his regular password that he signed up using.

you would do all of that in the controller without having to modify the ezauth model at all.

let me know if that works out!

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
whats ACL mean, isn't that a tendon in your foot?

[eluser]Cassio Zen[/eluser]
Thanks, great job! That´s exactly what i was looking for!

Don´t forget to post it on the Wiki.

[eluser]danoph[/eluser]
yes, an ACL I believe is a tendon in your foot or knee, or in between...

An ACL is also an access control list, which lets you have different users with different roles or permissions throughout your website. In other words, you can have registered users who are administrators, regular users, and users with custom-defined roles specified by you, the website developer. I think EzAuth is the easiest to learn and implement while also having a small footprint (one file). It doesn't take a lot to use EzAuth with your website!

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I appreciate it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB