Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
wordpress content pages with codeigniter

[eluser]Arun Joshi[/eluser]
Hi,

I have been using codeigniter for a couple of months. Now I got a requirement from one of my client. He need a website there he want to add products, mark some product as featured, and allow search for these products etc. And there is a lot of static content pages. Thats should be updated periodically by the client. He is having some experience on wordpress. So he want to that article pages in wordpress and the products functionality is upon our (developers) choice.

So can I use codeigniter with wordpress. I searched a lot. But could not find an answer with my requirement.

-Thanks in advance
Arun

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
Seems kind of backwards, but yes you can. Keep in mind there already a few great CMS platforms already built on CI which you could extend onto. Check out PyroCMS and ExciteCMS.

Wordpress is running php and mysql, so you definitely use both together. You will probably need some sort of .htaccess to keep things sorted out. I use them in separate folders on a site. It was easier to setup wordpress at the time, than develop a full CMS for a blog.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB