Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
developing cms idea

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello, I will try to develop CMS with CodeIgniter, I know php programming and basics of CodeIgniter. I want CMS with custom modules, That (modules) I will load as needed. Modules should be applicable for backend and frontend too. Which technique for department code (for frontend and backend) can I use? Or can I use backend as module? What is better for modules: Matchbox or Modular Separation (when I want share code for backend and frontend (code of others modules too))?
I invented cms page structure management: I will store hierarchical data in database (pages hierarchy) and in frontend will all pages route to one controller, where parameters will be names of pages, whose content will be retrieved from database according paramenters from controller.

What is the best way to do this? thanks Smile

[eluser]Altaf Hussain[/eluser]
Hi,
I found your thread here while i was looking for my own thread responses. My thread is

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/176713/

Unfortunately i got no response here and just saw your thread.

The two ways you described above seems to be not good enough to implement a modular structure. The problem with these is the actual url structure, hooking may be also a problem and also it will be difficult to use them. I used HMVC structure before and build some modules, but that was not possible to work like the way i needed.

Please read my thread there and if you got any idea just give me a shout. By the way i have already implemented my own CMS is codeigniter 2 and it is working fine for me and now i am building some libraries to make it completely modular.

Thank you

[eluser]smilie[/eluser]
If I may ask, but why would you put so much time into creating something that already exists on so many levels? I mean, there are soooo much CMS around the net, that there _must_ be one that would fit your needs?

In case this is strictly for learning process - then I haven't said anything and it's understandable.

Cheers,
Smilie

[eluser]huzzi[/eluser]
use pyrocms it's the best Smile http:///pyrocms.com

[eluser]Altaf Hussain[/eluser]
[quote author="smilie" date="1294437137"]If I may ask, but why would you put so much time into creating something that already exists on so many levels? I mean, there are soooo much CMS around the net, that there _must_ be one that would fit your needs?

In case this is strictly for learning process - then I haven't said anything and it's understandable.

Cheers,
Smilie[/quote]

Yes there are alot of cms freely available like joomla, wordpress etc etc , but one which we develop for our own needs is just good and is not compulsory.

I am building this CMS just for learning purpose and also to use it for my own projects because some time for small projects we cant use wordpress or joomla as it will be difficult to work in it and will have a lot of extra things that the user will not like because in my about more than two years development i faced that so many times. Thats why i started it.

Thank you

[eluser]gowrav vishwakarma[/eluser]
Why not use joomla and then use CI for its developement (Develop Joomla extensions in CI)
seamless integration CI for Joomla Development check this out

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB