Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
HMVC & Ocular Problem

[eluser]Deep Arora[/eluser]
Ok, I am using Ocular, and today tried to implement HMVC in my project. Till controller it runs fine (modulename/controllers/file.php) but when I move the view to modulename/views/file.php it doesn't load the file instead shows 404 error.

Am I missing any setting somewhere?

I moved ocular code from my_loader to HMVCs loader.php. It is attached.

I researched more and found that:

1. The view loads if I use $this->load->view command. Bu then it doesn't load application.php fro layout folder that Occular requires.

2. If I use

$this->template->current_view = 'user';
$this->template->render('');

it results in 404 error. Looks like it looks for application.php and partial blocks in local folder. So I tried creating layout folder and placed dummy application.php inside modulefolder/views , but still 404 error.

Any help?

BUMP...anyone pls?

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
Deep Arora

Not sure if it will be sensible for you but have you looked into the Template Library by Phil Sturgeon?

I recall using it on a couple projects several months ago and they had Modular Separation so I'm thinking it will work with HMVC

I intended to move to template lib but since my project is already developed and has few thousands of lines of code, I was bit hesitant if moving to a diff library would be easy..any suggestions?

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
Eek, wonder if your IDE/Editor would be of any help to find those calls to the lib?

I'm really unfamiliar with Ocular. Took a look at it early on when it was released and got excited but when I saw the responses from the developer die off and other such, thought against using it.

I think you should think about replacing it since even the supporting website isn't referencing it (or at least I couldn't even find it under his web code or code section).

I think Phil's library is part of their Pyro CMS but with his work on FUEL (a new PHP framework), don't know how and if Phil will be maintaining Pyro going forward.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB