Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Rich Text Field

[eluser]vevmesteren[/eluser]
Hey friends. I am looking to integrate a text area with the same functionality as the on I am typing into right now. I do not really need a full fledged rich text editor like fckedit, though it would be a nice to have, but I cannot make it work yet (following the wiki instructions). But setting that aside, I would want a text editor like this one and generally used in forums. But I have troubles finding one to start from, I guess what I would need is what is the term for Textarea like this one...

Guess I will take a look at the source of this page while I wait for someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks

V

has anyone here checked this out?
http://osflash.org/flashtextarea

[eluser]ELRafael[/eluser]
i use tinymce

i think better that fck!

I tried tinymce as well, no luck there either. No idea what I am doing wrong. But in any case, i do not really want a full fledged text editor like that a simple one like the one used in this very forum is what I dream off. Just something allows me to set selected text to bold/italic etc. Change the font colors. Thats all. The rest I do not care about...

How about that. what should I use in that case?

Thanks

[eluser]ELRafael[/eluser]
man, tinymce you can put what you want!

if you wanna just the font color, just set in the javascript what button is!!!

just to know, wordpress use tinymce in post entry!

and my jobs, when i need a rich editor, i use it too..

wanna some help? i can try :-P

well I did try integrating tinymce into my app but it was not working right.

if you use it all the time, do you have a model/controller/view structure that you can make available somewhere so that I can start off with that. So far I have been hitting a wall, no editro has shown so far. I tried this example:

http://www.alexajax.com/tinymce

But I think I must have malconfigured something cause I was not able to get it up and running

V

[eluser]crikey[/eluser]
Not sure if this is what you're after, but you could use something like JS Quicktags

HTH

peeeeeerfect. Thanks a lot. I will try that one and let ya know how it goes, but looks just easy enough for me this morning.

V.

it took some mods (because the code does not allow multiple text areas in one page, but I am happy. I would still love to see a working example of tinymce in Code Ignitor if anyone cares to help me along...thanks

Essentially I have been working on a generic CMS built in CMS that I will be using to kickstart productions from now on. It is still in its infancy but I think it can become quite a nice piece of template...

V

has anyone tried this that lives to tell the tale?

http://www.rapyd.com

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB