Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
RESTful API working with server auth in client application

[eluser]srpurdy[/eluser]
As the title says. I'm playing around with Phil's RESTful API very cool Wink

Anyway I never really went to far with an api before. So maybe someone can help me understand how I could do this. The main application I wrote for the most part. A lot of it is based on being authenticated, so you have to be a valid user to perform actions within the software. It's fairly deep since for example 1 user can register on my site, create a "league" than have access to a host of admin features to control there own custom pages. Normal users can access that page and perform normal user functions. The user base is central So there can be multiple "leagues"

Before I make it too complicated. I'm trying to understand how I can do this kind of authentication through a RESTful API on the client application. So all of the above can function. Not so much of a problem getting the user information for a login, but would I need to have the login session on the local server where the client application is or is there a way I can read the session from my main server over the api, and use that in the client application?

Maybe I'm over thinking this, but I usually plan stuff before I code it. Big Grin Is it as simple as using the basic or digest auth, than allowing access to certain functions based on variables?

Thanks
Shawn

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB