Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Reactor vs Core

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Good work Yorick, you wasted so much energy writing that for no real impact.

I think most of the developers who use CI as more than a toy would agree with Rick Jolly and myself when we say that CodeIgniter must not become Phil Sturgeon's framework.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
The benefit of having 6 developers on the team is we can tell each other when an idea sucks. We all need that now again.

Regardless of all of this I will be using only the Ellislab CodeIgniter releases. And I will advise anyone who asks to do the same.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
If you don't want GET support, a driver-based Cache library, package support for languages, automatically generated base_url's and whatever other features we add then that is up to you. That is why the choice exists.

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1294166354"]Good work Yorick, you wasted so much energy writing that for no real impact.

I think most of the developers who use CI as more than a toy would agree with Rick Jolly and myself when we say that CodeIgniter must not become Phil Sturgeon's framework.[/quote]

Considering the amount of work I have to do I actually find it rather relaxing to reflect on other people's opinions. What I just don't seem to understand is that in the end nobody really cares whenever a troll pops in and starts bragging. If you want to use official Codeigniter that's perfectly fine and we'll understand that. It's just that there's absolutely no point in almost starting to insult people over and over again just because you disagree with their way of doing.

@yorick, I will speak up whenever I see the blind or clueless being misled by the loud mouthed ignorant.

[eluser]CoolGoose[/eluser]
Actually Reactor is a great idea no matter what wiredesign thinks in his little head of his.

Codeigniter has been stagnant for way too long, I wonder who doesn't actually use (random number) user contributed classes for each of his projects, classes that more or less should have been implemented in core a long time ago.

I'm looking forward to see the first release of Reactor and use the nifty new stuff included

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
Not to add fuel to the fire but this is exactly what Yorick is talking about... People being rude and in some cases down right insulting to others for no reason. If you have a personal issue with someone take it up with them in private... The PUBLIC forums are no place for that.

[eluser]Jack McDade[/eluser]
This thread makes me sick. I've never seen this sort of childish bickering in the EE/CI threads before, and I feel let down by what has always been, to me, the best online community around.

[eluser]Daniel Moore[/eluser]
I personally don't think there is anything to complain about. Reactor will not be replacing core.

As long as I have core, I feel that as many people that want their own version of "built-up modifications" to that core are welcome to have it. I personally like to have CodeIgniter modified my own way, and will not be using Reactor, as it does things differently than the way I work. Nothing wrong with that.

Some people like Ford, others Chevy, others absolutely must have a Cadillac with all the extras. I don't want all that, I just want a really great engine that I can build my own car around in my own garage. CodeIgniter Core is just that engine.

I must agree with Jack McDade. I expect a higher level of professionalism when I come to read these forums. I realize I don't post often, but I do stop by to read once in a while. I have examined code from just about everyone who has posted code, and while I may or may not always think that a particular implementation is a good idea for me, I realize the merit it has for someone else, and I also gain insight and can use my imagination to see how it might be modified to fit the way I work at a later time.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB