Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Demo mode OR under construction mode

[eluser]a.rishwan[/eluser]
Hi

I dont know if this has be done with codeigniter or not. But I am looking for a nice and decent way to achieve this.

What I am trying to do is, run my CI website on a public domain, and do my testing and stuff on it. I know you guys would be wondering why I am not doing this on my localhost ... thing is, I am trying to integerate DISQUS and some other online services which require a public URL, hence I need it as so.

So while I am testing and doing development under the hood, I dont want visitors to be able to see my website other than an Under Construction page or Coming Soon page.. etc .. you probably have the idea.

What I am looking for is something same as demo mode plugin used in Wordpress .. any ideas?

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
This has already been answered in the forums, do a seach
in the forums for Maintenance Mode.

InsiteFX

Oh Thanks.. i've been searching with the wrong key words.. be back when I have more questions.

Hi again,

The one you have directed me to is sort of what I am looking for, all though, it is not what I need in full.

This Maintenance Mode controls this mode for a given controller. What I want is some sort of way to direct any VISITOR to a UC page unless said VISITOR has a logged in session.

I know I can do that too with providing a login interface and checking for that variable to be true in each controller.. again.. the check is being done on each controller. Is there ANY sort of way to do this in the CI configuration?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB