Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Segmented urls not working

[eluser]GreatSlovakia[/eluser]
Somehow the segmented urls do not work at all with my provider, the only possible reason I could think of is that it has something to do with the fact that it is windows hosted. If I have time I will try it out in a linux enviroment...

At the moment the index.php shows correctly but as soon as /something/ is added it gives a STANDARD not found (not the codeigniter not found)

PS. The site is http://codeigniter.greatslovakia.com

[eluser]nmweb[/eluser]
Does it run Apache or IIS? On IIS .htaccess doesn't work and last time I checked there where no free alternative for the mod_rewrite functionality.

When I added the .htaccess file as described in the user guide it was of course just the same as the request is not changed (/index.php/Something/), the only difference is the url the user sees. (/Something/, but on the server /index.php/Something/ is still asked for: http://codeigniter.greatslovakia.com/Welcome)

PS. Sry for my english.

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Search the forums for IIS - there are major issues with IIS (not CodeIgniter) that people have posted some great solutions to.

@walesmd: I will try that out, yet a framework should work on all standard servers... shouldn't it?

UPDATE: I have read quite a lot of the threads returned when searching for ISS, but I am not at all sure what kind of topic you mean... (confused)

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
try this: http://codeigniter.greatslovakia.com/ind...come/index
you see it works - IIS need special care, a question mark after the index.php/...

there are 2 things to change in the config.php to make it run at an IIS machine:
Quote:change $config[’uri_protocol’] = “AUTO”; to $config[’uri_protocol’] = “PATH_INFO”;

and then change in the config.php from the entry for "index.php" to "index.php?"

if if you are using modrewrite, change this to index.php? too!
greetings from Austria!

@gunter: Thx a thousand times!!! I hope that this will be automatically "corrected" in the next version.

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
you mean the next version of IIS... this is not the fault of codeigniter...

[eluser]jahboite[/eluser]
Hurrah!

I was having the same issue with the segmented url in my application for facebook.
I was getting a HTTP 404 error and the not-very-informative facebook errors HTML Title not allowed HTML Body not allowed.
My webhost is not using IIS it's apache and the only change I needed to make was the addition of ? in
$config['index_page'] = "index.php?";

Thanks gunter, I was pulling my hair out!

Well, even when IIS is not acting correctly to the standard, it is still a system used a lot, so CI should recognize it and react... its the same with windows, as a programmer lots of things work different in more complicated situations as the MSDN libary describes, but as a programmer you still have to make sure it works always.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB