Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ci installation error

[eluser]Hasn[/eluser]
Hi Everyone,

I am new to codeigniter, so please forgive me if the error seems to be vain..
I have just installed my fresh Ubuntu version, and installed php5, apache2 and mysql through apt-get command..

I have tested the apache2 server and php and they seem to be working fine,

Now, when I installed ci as a folder inside /var/www (which is as I understand the default website) I get the following error
Quote:Warning: require_once(/var/www/ci/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/ci/index.php on line 115

I have made sure that apache2 and php5 are good and working properly by testing few pages,
I found few similar posts but they do not seem to provide much...

Any thought or suggestion will be highly appreciated..

Cheers
Hasn

[eluser]mi6crazyheart[/eluser]
Here is a simple experiment u can do to test whether u'r Apache+PHP working perfectly or not...

[1] Create a php file by name "test.php"
[2] Store following content inside that file & save the file...
Code:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

[3] Again take that "test.php" file to u'r root folder.
[4] Now from u'r browser type "http://localhost/test.php"

If every things is fine u'll get a page where u can see all u'r Apache + PHP settings.

[eluser]Hasn[/eluser]
Thanks mi6crazyheart for the quick response

I just fixed it, I was sure that Apache and php are working fine
so It was a permission issue, I came to realise that I was using FTP client to upload the files to the server with myname account, which Apache is using root account, so it could not read it..

So when I uploaded the files from command line with root account it worked fine..

But now what surprises me, I gave chmod 777 for the ci folder and to the index.php file but that did not fix it, is not that odd???

Thanks again

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB