Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
storing objects in CI session

[eluser]Nick_MyShuitings[/eluser]
After you get this working, I'd be interested in the application logic/req that requires this implementation. It seems like a bit of a stretch to store an entire object in the session to keep state...

[eluser]stormbytes[/eluser]
sure thing man. Talking to a friend at the moment, then i'll give this a go and let you know how it went. The key in not overloading the session is storing referencial data in the object, which is then operated on by class methods. I find this to be the best compromise. Ditching the session for the 4k limitation seems wasteful.

Okay.. seems to work just fine Smile

Thanks for the help!

hmm, and that error occurs when you try to access the method, but not when you run the unserialize? Or rather, which step throws the error?

I forgot to load the library/class before calling unserialize, that threw the error. I added a load statement and that took care of it. Once polished, I'll add the lib to the autoload array.

Threw me for a fast one there with your ninja edit... I had responded to the Bah!! no go. by the time I reloaded the page it said all flags green... made me think I was crazy there for a minute.

I'm glad you got it to work.

Hah! Yeah I got that Smile

PM sent

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB