Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Session Class

[eluser]newsmuncher[/eluser]
Hello i am trying to get the CI session class working. I have my session updating on every page load, which is ok. When i try and run Simplepie to retrieve a feed on my site, it crerates multiple instances of different session's in the database. Its almosts as if the cookie has been reset. It works fine if i just browse the site, but not sure what would happen if say Googlebot or another bot came onto my site.

This is my settings:

Code:
$config['sess_cookie_name']        = 'newsmuncher';
$config['sess_expiration']        = 7200;
$config['sess_encrypt_cookie']    = FALSE;
$config['sess_use_database']    = TRUE;
$config['sess_table_name']        = 'xxxx';
$config['sess_match_ip']        = FALSE;
$config['sess_match_useragent']    = TRUE;
$config['sess_time_to_update']     = 0;

Code:
$config['cookie_prefix']    = "";
$config['cookie_domain']    = "";
$config['cookie_path']        = "/";

The IP address used to access the site is the same as the server and i have even tried to match ip addresses, but this doesn't work.

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Sessions are created based on the absence of the session cookie. So for every 'visitor' of your site that isn't able to present a valid session cookie, a new session is started. That includes bots, wgets, flash objects, etc...

How do i tell which session is active and which is not?

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
You can't. What's the definition of "active"?

Sessions have a last update timestamp, given the update time configured you could try to figure out how 'stale' a session record is.
But what's the point? Sessions have an expiry (if you've set it to 'very long' you're doing something wrong), and expired sessions will be cleaned up automatically.

Yeah, but it would be a useful tool to have as "users online". The feed grabber sends multiple requests to the server so it generates a new session id everytime and adds it to the database, so one page load creates about 30 rows in the database. What im trying to say is that the moment i reload the page i have redundant sessions in the database doing nothing, which would make it impossible to track the users.

The multiple instances of the same user, have the same ip, user-agent and time etc. The only thing that is different is the session ID!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB