Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Reactor is now open

[eluser]Eric Barnes[/eluser]
[quote author="ssachan" date="1294860850"]Hi all the reactor engineers.
I just had a small query ... can I get a list of features that are being worked on the reactor.
It makes sense that the community is provided by a list of features that would be included in the upcoming releases. In short share the final planning decisions[/quote]

The best bet is to view the user guide in the download. All new changes are documented in the change log.

[eluser]Cristian Gilè[/eluser]
Waht about userguide updates for CI reactor?

With the commit 2131: c7abe22b6647, for instance, was added the regex_match Form Validation rule. In the changelog userguide is not present and the form_validation class guide hasn't been updated.

Cristian Gilè

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="ssachan" date="1294860850"]Hi all the reactor engineers.
I just had a small query ... can I get a list of features that are being worked on the reactor.
It makes sense that the community is provided by a list of features that would be included in the upcoming releases. In short share the final planning decisions[/quote]

Basically we are fixing bugs in the existing CI BitBucket Issue Tracker and implementing features listed in the UserVoice.

We only work on these features after they get a good number of votes and are agreed by a majority of the engineers to be in the best interests of CI. For example, "Auth library" has a squillion votes but not everyone is currently agreed on an approach, so we'll wait on that.

You can code up anything you think will be useful and send us a pull request on BitBucket or GitHub and the Engieers will look it over. The best things to work on are features that help you as you work with CodeIgniter and discover problems, missing features, weird logic, etc.

[quote author="Cristian Gilè" date="1294943796"]Waht about userguide updates for CI reactor?

With the commit 2131: c7abe22b6647, for instance, was added the regex_match Form Validation rule. In the changelog userguide is not present and the form_validation class guide hasn't been updated.

Cristian Gilè[/quote]

You are right, we are meant to be documenting as we go (or before we even write the code) but it is easy to forget when merging in other peoples work.

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
I like the addition of the cache library and use of drivers along with partial caching. I've use Phil's Cache library and will have to try this out.

[eluser]William Rufino[/eluser]
Sweet! gonna check it out right now!

[eluser]Juan Velandia[/eluser]
Hello, I'm going to start a new project with reactor, based on already written code in CI 1.7.3, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB