Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Yet another language question

[eluser]fancms[/eluser]
I am converting a CMS I wrote to CI and am struggling a bit with how to implement the pre-existing language files I have for it.

Right the language files use a variable $lang_whatever for the various language words/phrases. It seems to work ok if I do a require(/path/to/language/file) within the function within the controller, but this would be very tedious to do throughout every controller and function. In addition, I am wanting the CMS to allow a default site language as well as allowing each user to select their language (which is stored in the database). So I'm not sure simply setting the $config['language'] and having the users upload to /system/application/lang/ is quite what I want to do. I am hoping to keep the CMS-specific language files as close to root level as possible.

I have searched through a lot of pages here and looked through the wiki trying to find an answer and I'm totally stumped. If someone could tell me how to do this or point me in the direction of the answer I would be forever grateful.

Thanks so much Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB