Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
search for auth library

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi, I'm starting to plan my website, and I have time using codeigniter, only ever used a library of authorization, and I want to use one, I think "A3M" that really catches my attention and I connect facebook another who has seen, but not much of OAuth and 18 tables in the database seem too much for just an authorization module.
What do you recommend?, "A3M really good?

[eluser]Roy MJ[/eluser]
Think so.. Its not very complicated as well...

Check out : http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/144755/

[eluser]Peng Kong[/eluser]
it's a good start for you to skip a lot of the hardwork but be prepared to dive into the code to understand how things work because the documentation sucks... but like roy said it isn't complicated.

not all 18 tables are needed depending on what you're trying to do.
anyway it's easier to delete them then to create them yourself if you need them right?
a3m really isn't meant to be a out of the box thing but rather a good kick start point to reduce development time.

[eluser]Josh Holloway[/eluser]
It really depends what you want. I will say none of the authentication libraries I've seen have provided an out the box solution with 0 changes.

Many come close. I'm working on a library that simply needs config files and the running of a SQL script. But it's not going to be ready this month.

[eluser]Dalen[/eluser]
I had a good experience with Ion Auth.
Extremly easy to install and gives you the basic features of authentication:
-login/out
-groups
-user meta
and something more

it's very easy to understand and you can customize the code without any problem.
you just need 2 tables: users and groups, optional is a third table for user meta_data.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB