Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Images referenced in CSS file not displaying

[eluser]Apocryphon[/eluser]
I have a CSS file on my site that appears to be working (I run it with autoload), since the text and spaces are formatted as per the CSS. However, the images for buttons and such referenced in the CSS file are not appearing.

I have an assets folder on the same level as the system folder. The assets folder contains the CSS folder, as well as an images folder.

As such, in the CSS file, I use this as the address:

Code:
background-image:url(../assets/images/header.jpg);

However, the images aren't appearing! What am I doing wrong? It's just an external CSS file.

[eluser]Roy MJ[/eluser]
Try changing the path using mozilla firebug addon. Also check if you have actually uploaded the images. Or check whether you have called on the css script in the view page.

[eluser]Krzemo[/eluser]
Quote:I have a CSS file on my site that appears to be working (I run it with autoload), since the text and spaces are formatted as per the CSS.
This one I dont get... Loading CSS with autoload? It's not a library or any other that can be loaded with CSS. So either you are messing things up or you are not telling everything here.

My mistake. I mean in config.php, I have the CSS file defined as:

Code:
$config['css'] = 'assets/css/default.css';

I'm sure there's a more flexible way to do it, but for now I haven't had to deal with multiple CSS files, so I did this for convenience.

Never mind, I've solved it. I found the correct path. How do I change this to solved?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB