Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DM Auth - First Time User Issues! Help Please!

[eluser]JamesTaylor[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm just having an initial play about with DM Auth as i'm looking to use it with an upcoming website...

This is the first time I have used an Auth Library so it is all new to me, I have a couple questions which may or may not be slightly on the stupid side but it doesn't seem to be working straight out of the box at the moment!

I am currently attempting to try the bundled examples to get a feel of things.

Q1. Does DM Auth work with CI 2.0.0 Reactor? I've just downloaded CI2 having been using CI 1.7.2 for a while. When I install DM Auth to the CI 2 and run any of the bundled examples I get the the following error message:

This one is for the login example
Quote:Fatal error: Class 'Controller' not found in C:\wamp\www\DXAuth-CI2\application\controllers\auth.php on line 2

Q2. Where do I copy the Plugins Folder to in the CI 2 install - do I add it as an additional folder to applications directory or should I copy the file to the third_party folder?

Having failed to get it working in CI2 I have tried it in CI1.7.2 and no longer receive the above errors when trying the examples, however when I attempt to register / login or view the backend etc. and hit submit on the forms I am taken to http://www.iana.org/domains/example/ ??

Q3. Am I meant to be able to actually register / login / view the backend via these examples - are the examples actually meant to be working examples?

Anyone got any pointers for me! I'd like to get this up and runing so I can have a play about and become more familiar with it but i'm a little lost at the moment!

Cheers

James

[eluser]Pedro Luz[/eluser]
change your class from

Code:
class Foobar extends Controller
{

}

to:

Code:
class Foobar extends CI_Controller
{
}

and your constructors must now be:

Code:
function __construct()
{
parent::__construct();
}

same thing in the models CI_Model

Thanks Pedro,

i've been through and updated as you suggested which has got me further on.

now i am getting the follwing error message - this is in the CI 2 install by the way.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method CI_Loader::plugin() in C:\wamp\www\DXAuth-CI2\application\libraries\DX_Auth.php on line 1233

any more suggestions?

Thanks

[eluser]Pedro Luz[/eluser]
according to

http://philsturgeon.co.uk/news/2010/05/u...gniter-2.0

Quote:Oh shit, I use plugins!

Plugins are dead Tongue

are u using $this->load->plugin() ???

Quote:Make sure you have moved any array values in application/config/autoload.php from $autoload['plugins'] to $autoload['helpers'] or you will notice stuff break.

Brilliant - Cheers Pedro,

Thats got me moving forward again! It seems to be working now although i get an error when registering as the confirmation email can't be sent but hopefully i'll be able to work that one out for myself...?!

Need to off now so will look into that when i return.

Many Thanks for your help on getting me this far!

Cheers

James

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB