Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
First Attempt failed misserably. Please help.

[eluser]Spir[/eluser]
The only solution is to use PHP5.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
If you are using php5, it should be: AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php .htm .html

And sometimes it's better using php5-script instead of x-httpd-php5.

InsiteFX

[eluser]chelby[/eluser]
hi,

I got the same error after uploading my project to the server. I tried everything you suggested here, no success.
But here is the story, maybe somebody has any ideas:
I had the project in a subfolder(within an other domain, lets say domain1) and my project domain (domain2) pointing directly to that path -> the above error.
When I adjusted the config file and called the path via domain1/path/to/CI, it worked fine. Changed to domain2, same error again. So I rearranged my entire structure and put the domain1 files in a subfolder and directed domain2 to the root directory. Funny thing: it still didn't work, same error! After that I tried one more thing, I created a subdomain test.domain1 and directed it to the root directory, too. As if by magic, this one worked again! But not the domain2 that I want to use for that project!
The only thing left it can have to do with, is that domain2 has a four-letter tld (.info), the one that works is a .net domain. Does anybody here successfully use CI on a four-letter tld and can disprove my assumption?

thanks for the help!

[eluser]Spir[/eluser]
[quote author="chelby" date="1298363025"]hi,

I got the same error after uploading my project to the server. I tried everything you suggested here, no success.
But here is the story, maybe somebody has any ideas:
I had the project in a subfolder(within an other domain, lets say domain1) and my project domain (domain2) pointing directly to that path -> the above error.
When I adjusted the config file and called the path via domain1/path/to/CI, it worked fine. Changed to domain2, same error again. So I rearranged my entire structure and put the domain1 files in a subfolder and directed domain2 to the root directory. Funny thing: it still didn't work, same error! After that I tried one more thing, I created a subdomain test.domain1 and directed it to the root directory, too. As if by magic, this one worked again! But not the domain2 that I want to use for that project!
The only thing left it can have to do with, is that domain2 has a four-letter tld (.info), the one that works is a .net domain. Does anybody here successfully use CI on a four-letter tld and can disprove my assumption?

thanks for the help![/quote]did you check the PHP version of your server?

[eluser]chelby[/eluser]
[quote author="Spir" date="1298386749"][quote author="chelby" date="1298363025"]hi,

.... I tried everything you suggested here, no success. .....

[/quote]did you check the PHP version of your server?[/quote]

I am running 5.2.17, and I guess the error would occur from both domains if the PHP version would not fit.
Just for clarification, the files behind domain1 and domain2 are the same files on the same server, no changes except the path in the config.php

[eluser]Spir[/eluser]
can you show your config file?

[eluser]chelby[/eluser]
it is the original config.php, only change in the base_url:

$config['base_url'] = 'http://domain-namexyz.info';

edit: and there's no change in behavior whether I use a trailing slash or not. One domain works, the other one doesn't.

[eluser]Spir[/eluser]
[quote author="chelby" date="1298395370"]it is the original config.php, only change in the base_url:

$config['base_url'] = 'http://domain-namexyz.info';[/quote]so you didn't tried the uri_protocol solution.
Could you give some config to that setting and see what if it fixes the bug?
Example :

$config['uri_protocol'] = 'PATH_INFO';

[eluser]chelby[/eluser]
I already tried all of these

| 'AUTO' Default - auto detects
| 'PATH_INFO' Uses the PATH_INFO
| 'QUERY_STRING' Uses the QUERY_STRING
| 'REQUEST_URI' Uses the REQUEST_URI
| 'ORIG_PATH_INFO' Uses the ORIG_PATH_INFO

I even let it blank as suggested in an earlier post... no changes.

[eluser]chelby[/eluser]
very strange, the phpinfo() showed PHP version 5.2.17 on both domains. But after turning PHP4 off in the server config it finally works.
I still don't understand what was going on there...?!

but anyway, thanks for your support!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB