Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI on xampp gives errors.

[eluser]Mittchel[/eluser]
Dear,

First of all I would like to show my appreciation by telling that CodeIgniter is a very nice framework Big Grin

I have always used CodeIgniter online, and that works perfect. But recently I decided to 'host' my own xampp server so developing would go faster. So what I did is the following:
I copied from my online server the CI folder (it's a clean install) and I editted the config file + database file.. but for some reason it keeps giving me these errors:

Quote:Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ci\system\codeigniter\Common.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\ci\system\codeigniter\Common.php on line 136
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Filename: codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php

Line Number: 60

Message: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Filename: libraries/Loader.php

Line Number: 255

Message: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Filename: database/DB.php

Line Number: 133

But it shows the two items that are stored in my database, so that works.. but where do the errors come from? I don't have those on my online server.
I tried google but didn't found my answer, so hopefully you guys could help me out.

Thanks.

Regards,
Mittchel.

[eluser]Twisted1919[/eluser]
CI version ?
PHP version ?

I can assume that you are using CI 1.7.x and PHP 5.3.X.
If so, use CI 2.0.

[quote author="Twisted1919" date="1296697998"]CI version ?
PHP version ?

I can assume that you are using CI 1.7.x and PHP 5.3.X.
If so, use CI 2.0.[/quote]

Yes that might me the problem, but when using 2.0 I have to rewrite everything so it matches:
extends CI_Controller instead of Controller.. I will give this a try, thanks.

Fixed the problem, thanks Twisted1919.. that was indeed the case, had still an old version Sad

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB