Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Looking for sample application

[eluser]cmh24[/eluser]
Hey everyone,
I am eager to dive into CodeIgniter, watched the first halve of the Nettuts video series and looked at some other CI resources.
But I have problems to do the next step, so I am looking for a sample application like a blog or something like this.
I found DBlog ( www.davidbehler.com] which is to complicated for me to understand, also BambooInvoice is far beyond my understanding.

So far I built a basic blog with login form, pagination, form validation and comments.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings from Germany!
Max

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
hi try open blog build on CI but its been long time not updated but nice blog application for inspiration

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/102179/

[eluser]cmh24[/eluser]
Thanks for your answer. I installed openblog and its features are overwhelming, but it seems very advanced. And it's not using controllers at all, everything is in the models directory. That confuses me.
I think i first get familiar with something else, so I am still open for suggestions.

Best wishes!
Max

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
MaxH24,

Are you fluent in php and OOP php? If not, that might be a better place to start. Some say that isn't true, but I don't see how you can have the best of CodeIgniter without knowing php and OOP php well. If that's not your problem, then I think the best way for you to practice is to simple dive in to a project. If you are interested in making a blog, just start, and if you have questions then ask. It may not turn out to be a true masterpiece, but I guarantee that you will learn a lot along the way.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB