Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Not sure on the best way to do this. Building Custom Modules for a CI E-Commerce System.

[eluser]CI Freak[/eluser]
I am currently building a large e-commerce system in CodeIgniter. I am just wondering what would be the best way to be able to build custom modules which can be plugged into the System.

Say for example a customer gets their e-comm site, and they want a bespoke `addon` build which will allow them to take bookings, and check the current bookings on a calander. The customer needs to be able to view and manage that information in the backend. but rather then just tack it onto the codebase i'd like to be able to just build a module i can `plugin` to the system.

I need to be able to:

Add entries on the navigation in the backend so the customer can manage the plugin.

It needs to be able to set tasks to be run, which the cronjob controller can pick up everytime its run

Be able to have its own custom filename (/bookings for example) which would idealy just add extra routes to CI.

Be able to have it's own interface on the front end of the site.

and, if required, be able to hook into any controller and/or view on the frontend. So if the plugin modifies the way products are displayed, needs to be able to hook into the controllers and views associated with products.

I know it may seem a little vauge, i've been working with codeigniter for about 2 years and love it. The e-commerce system I have been building myself and was built from scratch.

[eluser]CI Freak[/eluser]
Anyone?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB