Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Tutorials for Codeigniter 2.0?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if anyone knows any tricks to finding relevant tutorials for the newest version of Codeigniter (currently 2.0)?

When I look at the tutorials listed on the tutorial page it seems impossible to tell what is for previous versions and what is for the newest version. I have yet to find a tutorial for version 2.0. I also tried doing a google search but it is also not returning any relevant results. :/

Is 2.0 just too new? Perhaps if you could post any 2.0 tutorials you know of here...

Thanks for you help!

Scott

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
there are no tutorials for CI 2.0 on the Codeigniter site.

InsiteFX

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
Most tutorials for CI 1.7.x will work for 2.0 with a few small changes to what your controllers and models extend of course. Nothing dramatic really changed except that you call the parent with parent::__construct() now instead of parent::Model() or parent::Controller().

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
[quote author="Vheissu" date="1297015527"]... Nothing dramatic really changed except that you call the parent with parent::__construct() now instead of parent::Model() or parent::Controller().[/quote]

I'd like to see a tutorial on the new javascript functionality. I normally write my javascript in views, and have never had a problem, so I don't understand why we would need this or how it works. Is it supposed to be for people who don't know how to write their own javascript?

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
Ah, tutorials for new functionality. Besides one I saw somewhere on the new drivers feature, not many other places on the web seem to know much about the new features including the JavaScript library.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB