Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problem porting CI 1.7.2 to 2.0.0

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Case names are important. OSX is case insensitive but most Linux distributions are not.

Library files start with a capital letter, everything else is all lowercase.

[eluser]Dahak-II[/eluser]
Thanks for keeping up with this thread.

It seems that I've finally solved part of my 'mysterious' case of multiple controller hits.

I'd added my own 'CI_INSTANCE' constant to the starting index so that any hits through that would have a unique mircotime() result to tack into the log entries.

I could see multiple controller instances being launched.

I was then able to identify and recognize that my site was calling some CI-generated graphic images (some bar graphs). Turning off those components in my the site configuration cleared up most of my hideous logging issue. Not all, but most.

As for the site, I have been looking at Zeff's suggestion about the BASEPATH definition, but both v1.73 and v2.0 seem to generating the same value, absolute from root.

I'm looking at BASEPATH due to something I still see in the CI logs.

If I go to my test site with no URI string, I see a single controller hit logged.

When I go to one of my controller functions with parameters on the URI, things get weird and I still see multiple controller starts.

For example, when the address bar reads:

http://publicbeta.thefifthimperium.com/s...tressed/-/

I see seven logged controller instances.

URIs being referenced in uri_string are:

/site/book/ByHeresiesDistressed/-/
/site/book/ByHeresiesDistressed/-/images/uk_wh_logo2.gif (a locally loaded Amazon UK image)
/site/book/ByHeresiesDistressed/-/js/jquery.superbox-min.js (image display jquery library)
/site/book/ByHeresiesDistressed/-/js/startsuperbox.js (bindthe above library)
/site/book/ByHeresiesDistressed/-/js/jquery.corners.min.js (a rounded corners library)
/site/book/ByHeresiesDistressed/-/js/awstats_misc_tracker.js (awstats package)
/site/book/_Counters/jpbcount.php (a hit-count script)

Oddly, I don't see an entry for the main jquery library load. (My common site header is passed an array of javascipt and css files to load on demand with either

echo 'HTML script tag src="' . $jsdir . $scriptfile . '" [HTML end script tag]' . $lf;

(the forum software stripped my HTML script tagging, so pretend it reads with proper start and end script tags) or

include( $css_dir . $cssfile );

in a simple foreach loop)

The scripts and graphic files mentioned above all seem to have loaded, despite the URIs. The page source reveals no WARNING or ERROR messages.

It is these entries that suggest some pathing issue.

BASEPATH resolves to /home/dahakpublicbeta/publicbeta.thefifthimperium.com/system/

Just as a reminder, this code functions as expected on my local WAMP box, but is failing on my remote LAMP server.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB