Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hard to diagnose "system folder path" error

[eluser]chris4beta[/eluser]
Here's the problem:

On some pages of my site, I have jQuery check for a hash string in the url after the page loads, and if there is one, some new page data is fetched via Ajax. About 1 out of 10 times, one of these requests will return an error:

Code:
Your system folder path does not appear to be set correctly.
Please open the following file and correct this: index.php

This is odd, because the rest of the page is loading fine. When I comment out the two system path validity checks in index.php, then the error becomes:

Code:
Warning: require(system/core/Common.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream:
No such file or directory in E:\avantage\system\core\CodeIgniter.php on line 42

My dev environment is XAMPP 1.7.3 on XP SP3, PHP 5.3.1. This random error has only started happening since I upgraded to CI 2.0.0, which I did a few days ago directly from bitbucket. I admit I have not yet been able to push this up to a live server to test it out, so may just be a problem with my local setup, but I've been working on this section for weeks on CI 1.7.2 and never had this error, and no other changes have been made besides updating CI.

Because I can't really think of any relevant code to show that would help troubleshoot, I took a screen recording of the error in action:

http://cnanney.com/video/ci_problem/

Am I missing something obvious here? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Chris

[eluser]steelaz[/eluser]
Start Firefox+Firebug or Chrome Console and check ajax requests jQuery is sending, perhaps jQuery is adding something to URL to prevent caching.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB