Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter license file for Commercial use

[eluser]Mantero[/eluser]
hello

I'm using codeigniter for my commercial application..

Am I mandatory to put the lincense file(license.txt) in the folder? how if I remove it?

[eluser]Basketcasesoftware[/eluser]
You are required to have the license file in each of your distributions of the code, commercial or non-commercial. If you removed it, put it back. The license document is part of your CodeIgniter download. You can get it from there. It doesn't matter where it is on your site, just as long as it is there. Ideally you ought to have a link in your site somewhere to it. Read the terms of the license and it explains it all there.

[eluser]Mantero[/eluser]
[quote author="Basketcasesoftware" date="1298122882"]You are required to have the license file in each of your distributions of the code, commercial or non-commercial. If you removed it, put it back. The license document is part of your CodeIgniter download. You can get it from there. It doesn't matter where it is on your site, just as long as it is there. Ideally you ought to have a link in your site somewhere to it. Read the terms of the license and it explains it all there.[/quote]

thanks for the answer..

currently it is in the same folder with the main index.php file.

is it ok if I put the license file inside the 'system' folder?

[eluser]Basketcasesoftware[/eluser]
Sure. Anywhere you'd like, as long as it is part of your final distribution. The document itself will explain the requirements as I said before. Last I read it it only required that it be part of any distribution. I don't recall any part specifying just where. Just somewhere reasonable of course. In my current project in the installer I plan a licensing page to pop up as a step in the installer. The Joomla CMS system does this.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB