Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
to use or not to use doctrine

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello.

I need your suggestion on whether to use or not to use Doctrine with CodeIgniter.

A little background, I am completely new in the world of CodeIgniter (and MVC) but I am determined to learn it as it seem much easier then the other frameworks available out there.

I ran into this article and they are suggesting to add the Doctrine plugin into CodeIgniter.CodeIngniter and Doctrine from Scratch

Will adding Doctrine into CI make it more difficult to lean CI? I tried using Symfony Framework long ago and got a bit lost when they started mentioning Doctrine.

I am interested in what your thoughts are.

Thanks

~Ceci

[eluser]Rok Biderman[/eluser]
[quote author="ceci123" date="1298492765"]I tried using Symfony Framework long ago and got a bit lost when they started mentioning Doctrine.[/quote]

I think you've pretty much answered it yourself. If you didn't learn to like it with Symfony, don't use it. My advice to anyone is to start using the framework as it is. You will see if and when you begin to feel the need to extend it. The active record class has worked very well for me so far. The user guide and majority of tuts out there was written with it in mind, so yes, you most likely are complicating it.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I'll just do it without it for now.
thank you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB